RICS Surveys & Formal Valuations

8 Forest Road
LE11 3NP

Just bought a house do I need a survey?

The question is would you buy a car without test driving it first? The same principle should be applied when buying a property, after all, this is going to be one the biggest purchases you’re likely to make. Avoid discovering any costly defaults the property might be hiding before you exchange contracts. By having a Homebuyers Report carried out by a qualified surveyor, any defaults the property has will be highlighted for you to consider whether to continue with the purchase, negotiate the property price further or to pull out of the sale altogether.

We can carry out two types of surveys on a property you are thinking of buying;

RICS Condition Report

For those buying a conventional house, flat or bungalow – focuses on the condition of various parts of the building – learn more.

RICS Homebuyers Report

Covers the same aspects as the Condition Report but also includes a valuation – learn more.

Formal valuations for property/land owners 

There are many reasons to require a valuation to be formally carried out by a Surveyor on your property or land. It could be due to a family member passing away and you have been asked for a valuation for probate purposes (inheritance tax) or you are going through a divorce and require a valuation for matrimonial purposes. Whatever your reason for needing a formal valuation, John German Estate Agents have qualified RICS Chartered Surveyors on hand to help.

We provide valuations for the following purposes:

Probate/Inheritance Tax – Required for a deceased estate

Estate Planning (wills) – Same reason as the above

Capital Gains Tax – To assess whether a property value has risen/fallen 

Help to Buy – Required for those selling a property bought using a Help to Buy loan

HS2 Disposal – Where homeowners have been approached by High Speed 2

Insurance Reinstatement – For insurance claims where significant fire/flood damage

Shared Ownership – For those wanting to increase their ownership or sell their share

Matrimonial – For court proceedings/assessing assets 

How much is the property you are currently living in worth?

Private valuations;

We also provide formal private valuations in cases such as for those wishing to buy their current rental property or for family/friends wishing to buy each other out. Or for those who have been gifted a piece of land.

John German Estate Agents & Chartered Surveyors

With a wealth of experience surveying properties across the Midlands, in villages and towns around Uttoxeter, Stafford, Loughborough, East Leake, Lichfield, Barton Under Needwood, Burton On Trent, Ashby de la Zouch and Ashbourne.

Introducing our team…

David Urwin MRICS

David Urwin MRICS
Consultant Valuation Surveyor

  • David Urwin MRICS on LinkedIn
View profile
James Morgan MRICS MNAEA

James Morgan MRICS MNAEA

  • James Morgan MRICS MNAEA on LinkedIn
View profile

Contact RICS Surveys & Formal Valuations

"To all at John German. Colin and I would like to thank you so much for all the hard work you put into the sale of our house. Keep up the good work, we will be recommending you."
Lynn & Colin - Happy Clients