Tue 07 Feb 2017
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are required for a variety of purposes;
•Selling a property
•Renting a property
•Funding requirements (free loft/cavity wall insulation)
•General informative purposes
We work alongside Talk Green, a leading Midlands surveying company to carry out energy audits for any of our clients who need them.
The requirement for an EPC has been 'a legal requirement' for just over a decade now, yet Talk Green are still asked what it involves, why it is required, for whose benefit and what do we get?
What does an EPC involve? - Upon arrival at a property, the domestic energy assessor (DEA) will look at and identify all the thermal qualities of the building incorporating the build age, building fabric, central heating system and associated controls, the levels and depth of the loft insulation and finally a comprehensive floor / volume plan in order to calculate the property's overall size.
Why is an EPC required? - EPC's were introduced as a direct result of the EPBD directive 2002, with the intention of providing independent and impartial guidance on what, and how, prospective purchasers can reduce their individual CO2/Carbon Emissions, and ultimately reduce their energy consumption and fuel costs - A WIN-WIN FOR US ALL!
Who benefits from an EPC? - EVERYONE! Anyone who pays attention to the EPC and acts upon the recommendation(s) identified within will ultimately benefit! It could be as a result of reduced energy bills or reduced CO2 emissions.
What do we get? - Over the last 5 years this has become the most commonly asked question! And in short, the answer today has been the same as it has always been "A full and comprehensive survey that allows the occupants of the property to see how they can save money. And now the EPC can also be used to obtain FREE funding for a wide variety of insulative materials."
What can you do NOW to reduce costs?
1. LIGHTING - Replace existing halogen or non Low Energy Lighting (LEL) with Light Emitting Diode's (LEL's) - potential savings of up to 98%.
2. ROOF INSULATION - Ensure that your loft insulation is at least 270mm in depth - simple and inexpensive to introduce. DON'T FORGET TALK GREEN CAN PROVIDE FREE FUNDING for loft insulation if below a certain level!
3. WALL CONSTRUCTION - If your property has a cavity wall construction, ensure that this is filled - simple and inexpensive to introduce. TALK GREEN CAN AGAIN PROVIDE FREE FUNDING; this efficiency measure has a huge bearing on the EPC rating.
4. HEATING CONTROLS - Even if you have an old boiler, the introduction of modern controls such as a room thermostat, individual thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) and boiler programmer will have a positive bearing on the EPC results - simple but slightly more expensive to introduce.
5. CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM - Replacing an old, inefficient boiler will have a significant impact on any property's EPC rating - significant alteration with high expense and longer payback period.
6. RENEWABLE TECHNOLOGIES - These cover a wide range of systems and technologies ranging from solar/photovoltaic panels, which generate hot water and electricity through to bio-mass boilers and ground source heat pumps that replace conventional central heating systems. These can be up to 20x more efficient - significant alterations with a much higher expenditure, however virtually ALL renewable technologies are currently incentivised via government backed and guaranteed Feed-In-Tariffs (FITS) and will go on to provide domestic hot water and central heating at significantly reduced rates in comparison to many other systems.
For more information on any of the above or to book to have an EPC carried out contact us now and we can put you in touch with our Talk Green experts.
Source: Talk Green Advertorial
"Thank you Emily. I wanted to take five minutes out to thank you for everything you have put into this sale. You have been the most professional and pleasant agent I have worked with in a very long time, not only that but you went over and above and achieved an amazing end result for me as well. I have been impressed by your high levels of customer service from day one and I can assure you that you will be my favoured agent in this location."