Fri 19 Jan 2018
Whether you have a property to rent out or are searching for a new home, you need an agent that you can trust and rely on when issues arise.
Is your agent keeping you safe and complying with the law?Every year tenants and landlords suffer through dealing with agents who are inexperienced or do not adhere to the law. In the worst cases financial losses can add up to millions of pounds.
While there is no mandatory regulation of letting agents and landlords, there are nearly 150 pieces of law affecting tenancies. If your agent is not up to date or offering a professional service you could be missing out on protection guaranteed by law.
ARLA Propertymark regulate agents to ensure they work to a higher standard than the law demands. Make sure your letting agent is offering you Propertymark Protection.
- Backed by Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme
- Experienced and trained professionals required to undertake regular training
- Up to date with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Adhere to a nationally recognised Code of Practice
- Submit independently audited accounts to Propertymark annually
- Membership of an independent redress scheme
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
What is Propertymark Protection?ARLA Propertymark Protected agents have to hold your money in a separate client account which is independently inspected annually. This is not the case with all letting agents.
You will receive a professional service from an ARLA Propertymark Protected agent, but if things go wrong the ARLA Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP) will step in and reimburse tenants and landlords.*
*Subject to CMP scheme limits.
Why choose John German to rent out your property?Not only are we members of ARLA Propertymark, we also offer a range of services to suit your needs and budget.
"The level of professionalism and customer care was in a different league to our previous agents."