Wed 13 Jun 2018
Ask yourself these key questions to help you with your search
1. Would you like to live in the area?
2. Do the neighbouring properties give you the right first impression?
3. Are there good transport links to large employers (hospitals, factories etc), schools and universities?
4. Is there at least 1 car parking space?
5. Does the property fall within a catchment area of schools rated good or above?
6. Does it have a modern kitchen and bathroom with a shower?
This is what most tenants would like; a nice area with easy access to work and good schools, parking and everyday comforts. Our advice is to put yourself in a tenant's shoes, check the property has everything they would need or want.
For example, a house with 3 or more bedrooms will appeal to families, therefore you should focus your search on properties close to local schools. If you are considering buying an apartment or two bedroom house as a buy to let, your target tenants are likley to be working professionals. In this case, we would suggest that you look for a property with double bedrooms, and one which is in an area with excellent ameneties and easy-to-reach transport links.
Of course there are other factors for you to consider when buying a property to rent out, such as return on investment/yields, buy-to-let mortgage rates, landlord responsibilities and current legislations.
We will be happy to provide you with expert advice on all aspects of becoming a landlord - just get in touch with us at a local John German Sales & Lettings branch.
"Dear Lizzie, just to say 'Thank You' for all your hard work. You've been excellent, much appreciated."