Fri 15 Jan 2016
With the vast majority of property searches now starting online, getting the photographs of your property is more important than ever before. So how can you make sure that your images are the very best they can be? That every shot tempts a buyer to view?
David Woodcock, Vauler at both our Loughborough and East Leake offices, gives his advice on getting the photographs right:
“When we search for anything online, often it’s the most interesting, colourful and attractive images that stop us in our tracks, and beg to be clicked on.
Here are my seven top tips to make sure your photographs are amazing:
1. Firstly, spring clean – the cleaner your property is, the better it will look in the photographs. Make sure every surface sparkles and any distracting clutter, magazines, paperwork or anything else, is put away out of sight.
2. Make sure your estate agent takes great photographs! This is absolutely essential to attract the right calibre of buyers, and ensure you get the best possible price for your property.
At John German, we make sure our team are all trained and use the highest quality photographic equipment to ensure we bring out the very best of every single property we sell.
3. Write a shot list – this is something wedding photographers often do, in order to make sure that they don’t miss out that all-important image.
You know your home better than anyone else, so take some time to walk around the rooms, making a list of all the different features, angles and views that really capture the essence of your property.
This will not only help make sure your photo gallery features the very best of your home, it will also help your photographer to do his job effectively.
4. Stage the set – think of your property as a theatre set to be dressed.
The day before your photoshoot, buy croissants, orange juice and perhaps strawberries, for your breakfast bar or patio table; and a variety of cheeses, artisan bread and grapes or apples for a ‘supper’ set.
5. Add polish – buy some beautiful flowers for each room in complementary colours. Choose long-stemmed roses for elegant reception rooms, and small posies for bathrooms and bedside tables.
You could also try filling vases with fruit (one single type per vase) to add colour and style to your kitchen.
6. Plan carefully – what time of the day does the sunlight flood your best rooms with light? Consider too when you will have the most time to spend for the photoshoot; they often take longer than you might expect, especially if you have a long list of shots!
Think about pets and children, if you have them, and when the property will be empty, leaving you relaxed and able to focus.
7. Choose well! You may end up with a lovely gallery of images to choose from. In fact, if you follow these tips, you will almost certainly be spoiled for choice!
Take your time and choose carefully. It may help to ask for feedback from family and friends in making your selection, and of course, we will help you to make sure that your final image gallery really shows off your property’s best assets.
We would love to help you create some truly amazing images of your property.
"Excellent service from start to finish. Everything handled promptly and professionally 100%."